- Seed Eggplants indoor 12 weeks before the last spring frost in your area. Put 3-4 seeds in every pot. Put tray with pots in warm, sunny place close to window.
- Germination usually takes 10-14 days. After germination remove week plants, leave 1 strong plan in each pot.
- Choose sunny spot in your garden for Eggplants, they require full sun. Add organic fertilizer to the spot where you plant grow eggplants 2 weeks before transplanting and work it well into the soil.
- Transplant eggplants outdoors after all frost danger is over, 2 feet spacing between plants. Young plants feel much better when transplanted in a evening or cloudy day. On the day of transplanting water the seedlings well.
- Check the soil often for couple of weeks or until the new transplants start showing the signs of new grows. Keep the soil moist, but not soaked.
- I recommend to put mulch around the stems to eliminate weeds, 3-4 inches of wood chips or grass clippings will do the trick and will add some more organic matter to the soil.
- Eggplants do not require any support - they can handle load of their own fruits. Usually there are 3-5 fruits per plant in different stages and several more blossoms.
- Pick Eggplants when they reach maturity and you like the size and colour of
fruits. The longer fruits are left on the plant the more vitamins they
accumulate and flesh gets more "meaty". The color of mature fruits should be dark purple, almost black.
There are no products to list in this category.